University & College Counseling
What is the role of University & College Counseling at CAG?
- To support each student through the university/college search, application, and decision-making processes
- To serve as the strongest possible advocate for each student throughout this process
- To educate students about their role and their own responsibility in this process
- To create and develop positive relationships with college and university admissions representatives
- To ensure that information sent to college and university admissions offices is accurate, complete, and timely
University and College Counseling Tools
The University and College Counseling Office uses the NAVIANCE system, a college admissions tool that helps students organize their data electronically.
For more information about ACT/SAT/TOEFL testing dates, on campus universities visits for CAG students, parent support, or general guidelines for application, please follow this link.
Family Connection helps students and parents to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned by the school to better prepare your student for future college and career goals.
Family Connection also lets us share information about upcoming meetings and events, scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information.
To visit Colegio Americano’s Family Connection site, use an Internet browser to connect to:
+502 2500 9595