CAG AT A GLANCE
The mission of the American School of Guatemala is to empower its students to achieve their full potential and to inspire them to lead meaningful lives as responsible members of a global society.
A legacy of meaningful lives that brings value to Guatemalan and global communities.
+ 1680 Pre-kinder through grade 12 students
250 local and international educators
22 students per class
by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
Definition of Learning
Aspirational Learning at CAG is a dynamic and iterative process which engages learners in authentic experiences that further develop their unique values, voice, and purpose. In a physically, socially, and emotionally safe environment, learners are empowered to be the co-designers and creators of their own learning as they collaborate, innovate, and act ethically and empathetically to make an impact on an ever-changing world.
- Our students, as individuals, have unique intellectual, social, emotional and physical characteristics and needs;
- AII students can learn, and they learn most effectively when they are actively engaged in the learning process when they are faced with challenging expectations and when they are held to clearly defined standards of excellence;
- Learning should take place within a physically and psychologically safe environment;
- AII members of the school community, which includes faculty, staff, parents, and students share the responsibility far accomplishing our mission;
- Continuous improvement is essential to providing quality educational opportunities for our students.