University & College Counseling
Upholding the school's mission and vision, the Office of College Counseling:
- Supports each student through the university/college search, application, and decision-making processes
- Serves as the strongest possible advocate for each student throughout this process
- Educates students about their role and their own responsibility in this process
- Creates and develops positive relationships with college and university admissions representatives
- Ensures that information sent to college and university admissions offices is accurate, complete, and timely
- Collaborates with parents, teachers, section leadership, and college representatives to offer our students the best chances for post-secondary success.
For more information about ACT/SAT/TOEFL testing dates, on campus universities visits for CAG students, parent support, or general guidelines for application, please follow this link.
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned by the school to better prepare your student for future college and career goals.