LOWER SCHOOL SECTION:
HIGH SCHOOL SECTION:
P-12 LEARNING LABORATORY:
The following documents are needed in one PDF attachment for consideration for employment:
- Cover letter stating interest in CAG and the position.
- Personal Statement/Philosophy Statement
- Current Resume/CV
- Scanned copy of university transcripts and diploma
- Scanned copy of teacher certification
- Three Professional References (supervisors)
- Completed CAG application form (download links below)
- CAG welcomes internal and external applicants with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Candidates with Masters´ degrees and at least two years of experience are preferred.
- Background checks and FBI clearance for all candidates will be requested once an offer is made.
Applications can be emailed to
Tracy Berry-Lazo, Deputy Director of the American School of Guatemala
Fax (502) 2369-8335
Phone calls will not be accepted.
Due to many recruitment scams that continue to proliferate mainly via the internet, we ask that you please read this message from International School Services. The American School of Guatemala does not charge any fees for candidates submitting job applications. Please know that no legitimate school will ask any teacher or administrator to pay them to obtain a job and/or work visa.
Learn more about working in Guatemala
The American School of Guatemala (CAG) is a professional learning community characterized by excellence and leads the way in best teaching practices. The Faculty Profile and the Reflection and Growth Plan serve as the guiding principles of professionalism for teachers and academic leaders and set the expectations that our faculty are leaders, forward thinkers, and experts in their field whose life's work is to enrich the lives of young people in an international environment.
The faculty at CAG is highly engaged in the life of the school and inspires a culture of contribution and collaboration; leading by example in inspiring our students to model after these same attributes. Teachers also share in building our professional community and seek partnerships with colleagues in developing curriculum, implementing new student activities and actively serving their profession by mentoring peer educators.
CAG welcomes teaching professionals to our community who share in the belief that the school’s mission, and the ethos within, can be advanced through collaboration, contribution and excellence to inspire students to live meaningful lives.