Embracing high standards, commitment, and achievement, CAG Lower School encourages students to think creatively and act ethically.
Taking the first steps on the Journey towards nurturing a Meaningful Life
Lower School offers a student-centered curriculum and gives the students the opportunity to learn many skills through a variety of activities.
The first step students take into their educational experience at CAG, teaches children to construct meaning and knowledge through diverse, multi-sensory experiences that allow them to explore, ask questions, and make discoveries.
Student-centered learning experiences and projects, as well as teacher directed ones, are geared toward skill development as well as bilingualism.
Our program offers exciting and diverse learning opportunities, including enriching experiences in academic areas, the arts, technology, engineering, physical education, and a wide variety of extended extra-curricular activities after the regular lower school day.
We believe every child is a unique individual and should thrive in a happy and safe environment while being treated with respect.
Definition of Learning
Aspirational Learning at CAG is a dynamic and iterative process that engages learners in authentic experiences that further develop their unique values, voice, and purpose. In a physically, socially, and emotionally safe environment, learners are empowered to be the co-designers and creators of their own learning as they collaborate, innovate, and act ethically and empathetically to make an impact on an ever-changing world.
- Our students, as individuals, have unique intellectual, social, emotional and physical characteristics and needs;
- AII students can learn, and they learn most effectively when they are actively engaged in the learning process when they are faced with challenging expectations and when they are held to clearly defined standards of excellence;
- Learning should take place within a physically and psychologically safe environment;
- AII members of the school community, which includes faculty, staff, parents, and students share the responsibility far accomplishing our mission;
- Continuous improvement is essential to providing quality educational opportunities far our students.