Middle School is a unique time when students are in the midst of change, growing physically, intellectually, morally, psychologically, and socio-emotionally.
Charting the Course Towards a Life of Meaning
Middle School provides a learning environment designed to meet the unique needs and interests of young adolescents. The Middle School section is a bridge between Elementary and High School and where the journey towards a meaningful life continues to solidify.
The purpose of the CAG middle school experience is to help students acquire skills for future success in school and life, while following a balanced and age-appropriate program that transitions them to a deeper and more robust learning experience. Our curricular programs address academic excellence, developmental responsiveness, character development, and relationship and community building.
MS National Junior Honor Society
Focused on service, the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) honors students for their contributions to the school and provides them even more opportunities to serve others. Seventh and eighth-grade students may be nominated by their teachers based on scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
NJHS members work to develop leadership potential through a variety of activities and workshops throughout the year.
Definition of Learning
Aspirational Learning at CAG is a dynamic and iterative process that engages learners in authentic experiences that further develop their unique values, voice, and purpose. In a physically, socially, and emotionally safe environment, learners are empowered to be the co-designers and creators of their own learning as they collaborate, innovate, and act ethically and empathetically to make an impact on an ever-changing world.
- Our students, as individuals, have unique intellectual, social, emotional and physical characteristics and needs;
- AII students can learn, and they learn most effectively when they are actively engaged in the learning process when they are faced with challenging expectations and when they are held to clearly defined standards of excellence;
- Learning should take place within a physically and psychologically safe environment;
- AII members of the school community, which includes faculty, staff, parents, and students share the responsibility far accomplishing our mission;
- Continuous improvement is essential to providing quality educational opportunities for our students.