Our school pediatrician and licensed school nurse provide care for our students and faculty. The following procedures must be taken into considerations by all parents:
- Parents are notified by the medical office electronically or by telephone when their child has become ill or has been seriously injured.
- The school physician may administer prescribed medication to students only with parents' written permission and a medical form signed by the prescribing physician.
- Parents will bring the medicine to school in its original container with the student's name written outside.
- Non-prescription medication must have a note from the parent, written to the school, and administration instructions.
- No medicine will be received in an envelope, foil, or mislabeled container.
As part of the enrollment and annual re-enrollment process, parents are requested to provide the school with updated specific information with signed release forms each school year, permitting staff to attend minor cuts or injuries.
**Special Notes: Parents are expected to provide medical attention immediately to children with infectious diseases including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, chickenpox, mononucleosis, and conjunctivitis. Your child must be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school or until they are healthy and do not present a health risk for the community.